Senior Management Accountant (immediate start)
£40,000 - £50,000
12 month interim assignment for a confident and experienced finance professional. The group is in excellent shape, you will be focused on a large UK business which has experienced growth through 2020 despite the challenges of covid.
This is a broad and interesting role within a business that invests in people and can offer a sensible work life balance to the successful candidate.
Your role will cover a maternity leave in finance and you will have the benefit of a well-mapped handover and support from the current incumbent.
The contract begins in Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 and runs through to the end of 2021.
It is a varied and interesting remit with project involvement alongside the routine reporting and analysis.
You'll also enjoy business partnering, particularly with colleagues within the commercial teams, to ensure variance reporting and summaries are accurate and reflect true business performance.
The remit will include:
- Monthly management accounting and routine reporting for the UK business.
- Detailed review and reporting around gross margin and margin by product category / customer.
- Commentary of variances to budget / forecast.
- Discussing / presenting financial information to the UK Head of Finance and the senior commercial team.
- Project involvement surrounding changes within another UK subsidiary.
- Projects surrounding an ERP upgrade.
- Balance sheet reconciliation, VAT returns and supporting the HoF with year end requirements.
The business is growing and amid change and there is potential scope for a permanent position to be made available.
You will need:
- A professional qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Experience in a broad management accounting / financial reporting role.
- A track record of achievement - evidence of improving controls, developing reporting and business partnering non finance colleagues.
- Excellent analytical skills and good knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to start a contract in Jan 2021 (or before).