Tooling Engineer in Weston-Super-Mare
Are you a Toolmaker looking for a new opportunity?
Are you an engineer with a variety of skills who wants to develop their career?
Then get in touch!
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and proactive mechanical engineer to help make tooling and service toolroom equipment #. Full training and development for candidates who have core skills within mechanical or manufacturing engineering
With the company's success continuing to grow steadily, they are looking at expanding the work force on site in order to maintain production levels. They are a market leader within a highly profitable packaging industry and are looking forward to another successful year within this marketplace. The business has shown consistent growth and is constantly developing new systems to maintain their competitive advantage in existing markets. The successful Tooling Engineer will receive support and development which will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further yourself and progress your career within a continually expanding business.
Within the remit of the role you will be
* Assisting with tooling designs for prototypes and developing existing builds.
* Overseeing the implementation and development of casting systems.
* Working with CAD technicians to design and develop tooling systems.
* Testing and improving punch tool designs.
* Monitoring tooling assembly builds to ensure quality.
* Monitoring and improving processes.
* Studying work orders, drawings and making controlled alterations to assist with tooling development.
* Working to set procedures and tolerances.
* Maintain continuity among colleagues by documenting, reporting and communicating on actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
* Work and liaise with various departments and external suppliers in the development of tooling systems.
* 10 years + experience in the manufacture of tooling/toolmaking
* Formal engineering qualification or time served apprenticeship essential (i.e. mechanical or toolmaking)
* Experience with Punch tooling and/or casting (essential)
* Press tool and jig manufacturing experience preferred.
* Experience in mould or cast tooling preferred.
* Injection moulding experience would be an advantage.
To hear more about the opportunity or discuss your career calls, please send your CV or call me on (phone number removed)
** Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for the position **
Kingston Barnes is an engineering recruitment agency, our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies may suit you which will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of Manufacturing, Engineering and Service businesses. If you are looking for a new position as a Production Technician, Team Operator, Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Technician or Skilled Operative please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations