We are currently working on a project for a client to recruit a number of contract First Line IT Service Desk Analysts; you will provide rapid and effective first line technical support to all users across the Group. You will be working with a number of applications and systems and will be required to analyse and diagnose issues to provide sound resolutions to service requests and incidents. These requests may range from basic "how to" questions to obtaining further detail in order to assist with the solving of more complex technical issues.Key responsibilities for this role will be:
- To provide first line support for workstations, tablets, mobiles, printers, peripherals and bespoke applications.
- Act as the first point of contact for support requests into IT, achieving a high volume of first time fixes and escalating issues not within the First Line remit in accordance with internal process and best practice
- Ability to support MS Office applications used within the Company, including Adobe and Antivirus software.
- Provide basic Exchange / Active directory support (i.e. Account creations, password resets, creation of groups etc.)
- To act as a point of contact for all phone calls and emails regarding IT issues, logging, and demonstrating ownership of such requests from receipt to conclusion.
- To liaise with third parties where problems cannot be resolved in house and to escalate any unresolved issues.
- Provide basic LAN/WAN/VPN support and troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues.
- Experience of closing approx. 80-100 calls per day, and will have worked in a similarly high volume environment.
The ideal candidates will have a sense of urgency and be capable of operating in a fast-paced environment. You will require excellent organisational skills as you must be flexible in handling multiple issues concurrently. The role will involve interacting with a range of stakeholders within the business and you must therefore have strong communication skills and telephone manner. Proficiency in all office suite applications, desktop operating systems and knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL and TCP/IP protocols is a must.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please send a copy of your CV in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91354302