A career in our Technology Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a member of the team, you'll work with clients to define their vision and plan how to get there. We deliver the technological solutions organisations need to compete and grow and build a lasting legacy of improvement and performance, partnering with best in class technologies and solution sets. In joining, you'll help our clients understand and evolve the way they align Information Technology with their business strategy, create integrated end to end solutions, and use enterprise applications to solve complex business problems.Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
About the role
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Working with our clients' leadership teams, our enterprise solution architect will lead the architectural design and solution components of highly complex, often business critical multi-application environments to enable and unlock new value streams within the client's technology base. They will have a wealth of experience of hands on delivery of multi-year systems integration programmes for tier 1 technology firms at blue chip international clients. They have led large, multi-disciplinary teams which may include partner teams, across the full life-cycle of a project, practising agile delivery methods and utilising 'new' technology such as IoT. They are able to provide diagnostic leadership on current architectures and to be the technical and solution lead in senior client discussions in both proposal and delivery phases.
They set themselves apart in being able to solution together both emerging often cloud based technologies and client legacy systems in a way that delivers value to the client and enables the client to move to an agile technology base. They will work with partners to make appropriate software and vendor choices to support this plan and apply several best of breed technologies to create an overall solution. Ultimately working with clients to grow revenue, remove complexity, scale globally, reduce costs and set our clients for success in the digital age. Requirements
The enterprise solution architect will have a proven track record in helping global brands transform their organisations driven by business case, taking lead roles in solution and technical architecture. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive examples of leading the solution architecture of large business case driven technical transformations encompassing the wide range of multi-disciplinary skills required to deliver change through emerging technologies;
- Be a trusted adviser, with a track record of advising senior executives and company boards on executing value led technical transformation within leading organisations;
- Have 10+ years' experience as a technical/solution architect - with a successful track record of designing and delivering complex projects including emerging technologies underpinned by cloud components, in one or more industries The candidate will have experience in all of the following areas:
- Emerging Technology: AI, RPA, Drones, Robotics, Blockchain,
- Industry recognised standard applications: SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Workday
- Transformational Enterprise Architectures: Integration, API's, Containers etc.
- Enterprise cloud vendors: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- They will have market presence, having a personal significant track record of delivering impactful results across a large network of clients;
- An inspiring team leader, able to rapidly establish and lead high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams, drawn from across PwC, our clients' staff and third party organisations;
- Be an accomplished in building effective relationships with third-party delivery organisations through the process of sourcing selecting, and managing the technical engagement with vendors/software providers;
- A confident and impactful communicator, both written and verbal, able to clearly explain solution design to non-technical audiences, and technical design to technical audiences;
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.