Luton Borough Council are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work from home. You will be responsible to develop and manage the council's data to support the vision of self-service, automation and open data.
This is an immediate start and a remote contract till March 2021.Responsibilities
Managing data architecture is a central function within the wider use of data to ensure processes are as efficient and effective as possible. You will be the council's subject matter expert on managing data and to develop and implement strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible designs to ensure that business needs are met.
Skills and experience
- Lead on developing the council's data architecture
- Be the key point of contact for all technical data issues
- Develop and manage the council's master data architecture, including the citizens index
- Implement ways to improve data efficiency and reliability
- Support building and maintaining dashboards, ensuring that high standards are met
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the council is delivering on data requirements
- Provide and implement recommendations for improvements
- Provide a proactive approach to data storage, transformation and analysis
- Work with Data Management and Technical teams to improve the timeliness, quality and variety of data
- Design, build, test and maintain data management systems, making sure they meet business requirements and user needs
- Deliver services that are automated, reliable and secure
- Be the subject matter expert on SQL, SSRS, SSAS, QlikView, Sharepoint Server, Business Objects, BI Stack and related software
- Experience of managing and developing data architecture.
- Experience of developing and managing master data management systems, data warehouses and data lakes.
- Experience of a similar role in a public or private sector organisation.
- Experience in analysing, cleansing and transforming source data from multiple sources.
- Experience of data administration, design, and architecture and business solution software skills.
- Experience of developing MI reports, dashboards and other data visualisation techniques.
- Advanced skills in MS BI stack, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS Office BI (Excel, PowerPivot), MS Sharepoint Server, QlikSense and NPrint.
- Degree level or equivalent appropriate professional level qualification or equivalent verifiable experience and training.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Agile and Prince2 project management is desirable.
Apply now for immediate consideration regarding this excellent opportunity.
Connect2Luton, part of Luton Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.