Director of Mathematics - Luton - L8-L11
The Stockwood Park Academy have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Mathematics to join a flourishing and thriving department. At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
The role of Director of Mathematics will suit an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of improving outcomes within a Mathematics Department. You will work closely with the Curriculum Leader for Mathematics, to drive up attainment and progress. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, be able to collaborate with colleagues, flexibility and enjoy working as part of a team. You will build on existing good practice, strengthen partnerships, and ensure our academy is well supported to deliver an excellent education to all students.
It's incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.Key Duties
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy
- Play an active role in the development of the Mathematics curriculum providing specific expertise and guidance and lead on the delivery of intervention and mastery programmes and the KS3/4/5 curriculum.
- Be accountable for the learning and achievement of all students studying Mathematics at The Stockwood Park Academy.
- To liaise with subject colleagues and TLR holders at The Stockwood Park Academy to support strategic development, share good practice and plan collaborative activities.
- To ensure that The Stockwood Park Academy is represented positively locally, regionally and nationally within any educational context.
Closing Date: 12pm Friday 8th January 2021 Interviews: w/c Monday 18th January 2021We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view.
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
- You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
- A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Brett Coventry on