Teacher of KS3 ScienceFull-time maternity cover - starting Nov 20Chatham - Kent £27,186 - £42,192
Term Time Teachers are currently working with a brilliant school in Kent who are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who will work with their committed students within the Science Curriculum. You will need to be passionate about the subject and have the ability to bring the world of Science to life, this role will be covering the KS3 curriculum in particular and enabling the students to reach their full potential. As a passionate teacher you will be engaging your students and implementing and instilling a desire to excel within the science curriculum.
If you have a passion for science and a gift for inspiring young minds, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.The Ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified KS3 Science Teacher with QTS status
- Typically delivering good/outstanding learning experiences to students
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Science
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Science
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and progress.
- To share and support the Academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- To support performances and extra-curricular clubs within the Performing Arts
This school is a non-selective coeducational secondary school for students aged 11 to 18. They understand that each person is unique and they aspire towards growing and channelling students' talents. The ethos of The Academy is "Aspire, Endeavour, Achieve"; they have the highest expectations of all of their learners in terms of their commitment to academic achievement, respect for others and contribution to the Academy community. As a Trust, their mission statement is 'Transforming Life Chances', articulating the strength of personal support, care and guidance given to each learner to nurture confidence and the ability to think and act independently. The school has a clear policy on uniform and dress code as well as a code of conduct based on mutual respect. This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all applicants will be subject to a full face-to-face registration and an Enhanced DBS (Formerly known as CRB).