About the role:
The role will be to lead and develop a team of 6 Skilled Mechanical, Electrical and ICA technicians whose duty it is to maintain and repair plant and equipment. The Maintenance manager will maintain customer service and operational performance within strict quality targets for the second largest Enhanced digestion plant in the UK.
- Process Management: Ensuring the site achieves and maintains its required plant availability and reliability in order to meet quality targets at the agreed cost.
- Financial Management: Owning and managing the budgetary and financial activities of the team and driving efficiencies into the overall operational budget.
- Procurement: Engaging contractors and sourcing of equipment and critical spares.
- Performance Management: Ensuring the team achieve optimal performance in terms of work management, developing the team and introducing new skills including health & safety awareness.
- Customer & Stakeholder Management: Ensuring an exceptional service to our customers with early personal interventions as required.
- Health and Safety: Effectively manage the Health and Safety of the team as well as auditing the Health and Safety system & processes.
- Learning and Development: Continually improve the performance, standards and capability of the team.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
We are looking for someone who has been working experience within a similar environment, demonstrate understanding of proactive and predictive maintenance within an operation environment. Awareness or understanding of enhanced digestion process, understanding of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation maintenance strategies, or an engineering background. An individual preferably working in an industrial field and who has previously had the health and safety responsibility for individuals and sites and managed a team within an operational function alongside this.
Excellent IT skills and a technical bias are essential, ideally also having a working knowledge of SAP.
The ability to lead and develop people is a crucial skill in this role so you must have previous management experience with good communication, interpersonal and organisation skills. Ideally, you will have gained your experience within the water industry or utilities sector however, this is not essential as training will be provided.
What's in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.