About the role:
We currently have an opportunity for a Technical Coordinator to work in the North East London region.
As the successful candidate be responsible for making sure that the upfront design and co-ordination of work is in place to make sure that Technicians have prerequisites in place in advance, allowing them to start the work as scheduled. This means maintaining the required standard to make sure our statutory obligations are met, and that availability and associated performance are maintained.
The Technical Coordinator role is key to the North East London, without this role customer journeys and sewer health would take a significant impact. This role is responsible for authorising works on the sewer and secures the funding for any rectification works required.
- You will be responsible for planning work via SAP and making sure that the relevant skill sets are scheduled in and coordinated.
- responsible for making sure all tools and materials are made available in order for work to be completed. Making sure the costs are within budget.
- You will also be responsible for understanding the health & safety requirements of jobs.
- You will need to proactively seek to understand asset care plans and asset criticality.
- This role will also include; coordinating deliveries by chasing suppliers and coordinating the receiving/ receipting process.
- Providing specialist technical advice where appropriate with up to date technical knowledge and provide training support for technical trainees and being involved in all team huddles, and contribute with current issue's / resolutions.
- To work closely with Planners, Field Performance Managers, suppliers and 3rd parties.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience working within Water or Wastewater treatment or comparable industry, preferably experience as Mechanical and Electrical technician or ICA technician
- Timed served an apprenticeship and relevant technical qualification.
- Highly logical - able to decide on and build the dependencies between task
- Collaborative - able to work closely with Planners, Field Performance Managers, suppliers and 3rd parties
- Technically experienced with a good understanding of how to maintain assets
- Good local knowledge of how important an asset is to a site and how it relates to other assets
- Meticulous at documenting the finer details of what needs to take place
- Able to manage a large workload of numerous jobs in parallel
- Diligent - e.g. at getting the best value goods and services
- Strong communication skills
- Good decision-making abilities
- Competent with IT systems (will use SAP extensively)
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues relevant to the industry
- Clean driving licence
What's in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave for a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.