Due to our continued growth within our EMEA Centre of Excellence, we are recruiting a Revenue Accountant to join our team based in Paisley. Working closely with revenue recognition and financial reporting professionals, this is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with exposure to cross functional teams across the EMEA region. You will be responsible for reviewing High value invoices against the contract, working as true business partner.Location: Paisley What will you do?
- Ensure proper revenue recognition treatment in compliance with company policy and financial accounting standards
- Review customer contracts, complex transactions and order documentation with the application of accounting guidance
- Key interface and business partner with sales, customer service and finance teams, providing technical accounting expertise and training to stakeholders
- Identify risk and exercise professional judgement to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions
- Assist in overseeing accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for the region, including reporting on group analytics
- Perform month-end close tasks related to revenue including the timely completion of journal entries, account reconciliations and analytical review of deferred revenue accounts.
- Support improvement initiatives for revenue accounting processes utlising PPI methodology.
- Involvement in special finance projects such as migrations.
What are we looking for ?
What we offer:
- Qualified Accountant (CA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Excellent communication skills to be able to build relationships at all levels
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience of revenue recognition would be a benefit but not essential
We can offer excellent opportunities to progress your career along with training and a chance to be a part of a growing successful organization.
Attractive base salary & bonus to be discussed
On site subsidised gym facilities & free on site car parking
Core benefits include - BUPA healthcare coverage, Life Assurance policy (4 x base salary), Employee Assistance Program, Stakeholder pension scheme, 33 days annual leave plus including bank holidays
Flexible benefits include - dental scheme, option to upgrade or extend BUPA cover, Cycle to Work scheme, subsidized gym memberships, travel insurance, retail discount & more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best - professionally and personally.