Our client based in Altrincham is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to work in partnership with their FD and take overall control and responsibility of the Company's finance function.
The main purpose of the role is to set out a Company strategy to identify and give input on risk and direction for the growth of the company whilst leading a team of staff to ensure robust and compliant finance services are provided and control of budgets and processes are managed effectively. The Financial Controller will possess advanced Microsoft Excel Skills and be highly numerate.
• Lead, manage, and develop finance staff and supervise day to day finance processing and cash flow management.
• Manage the cash book, profit and loss accounts, and balance sheets.
• Responsibility for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including consolidated accounts and inter-company processes and reconciliations.
• Produce the year-end accounts for the Companies' for audit.
• Supervise the monthly financial processes.
• Overall responsibility to prepare high-quality monthly MI.
• Identify and deliver methods to improve efficiency and well-controlled financial processes
• System implementation and data integration.
• Develop financial reporting systems and internal control procedures.
• Be responsible for coordinating and managing the preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly fixed budgets.
• Liaise with Company Accountants on the preparation of annual financial reports for all group Companies.
• In partnership with the FD develop and implement business growth strategies.
• Overall responsibility to ensure that financial practices are in line with professional accounting standards and codes of practice.
• Act as the department risk champion and seek to develop the Management Accountant in this area.
• Qualified or Part-Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA.
• Worked in the financial services industry
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word experience.
• Sage or other accountancy software experience.
• Banking software experience.
• Be highly numerate and have exceptional attention to detail and apply a methodical approach.
• Be comfortable with change and invoking process change.
• Be prepared to contribute to ideas to improve finance systems, processes, and controls; and support their implementation.
• Be able to manage competing priorities and deliver on-time deadlines.
• Cover colleagues' roles during periods of absences.
• Be confident to escalate issues to management