ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV. For more information on the company, its management, portfolio, pipeline and commitment, please visit www.viivhealthcare.com.
About the role: The ViiV Healthcare Compliance Executive Industrial Placement role will support the ViiV business to deliver ViiV Healthcare's mission in an ethical and compliant way, aligned with the company's values of Transparency, Respect, Integrity and Patient Focus.
As part of the Compliance team, the student will help manage key risks to the organisation by working within the compliance framework. This includes reading and interpreting policies and organising policy training sessions; creating clear and compelling communications using various media and platforms (e.g. email, PowerPoint, Word, Workplace); assessing and checking work (monitoring); arranging meeting logistics and documenting meeting outcomes.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to the entire breadth of Research & Development (R&D) and Medical Affairs activities within a global pharmaceutical company, as well as exposure to other key functions (such as marketing, legal, finance). The student is expected to bring a positive mindset, creativity, flexibility and an interest in ethics and compliance to the role. The student will manage multiple tasks independently and to agreed timelines, working with people across varied business functions, and will need an approachable and collaborative attitude. The role will help build the chosen candidate's practical skills to understand and manage business risk, work collaboratively and develop business communication skills. The successful candidate will learn how a large organisation builds an ethical culture.
Finally, the role also aims to develop the candidate's management skills. The post holder will be given specific projects to manage and deliver, to address their areas of interest and development needs highlighted in their programme in line with their professional ambition and university curriculum as much as possible. They will be able to learn about HIV disease and HIV treatments from experts in the field and will be given opportunities to attend training and workshop sessions with the global compliance team as appropriate. The post holder will have access to a broad network: at a minimum, at ViiV, they will be connected into Legal & Compliance, R&D and Global Medical teams, and at GSK, they will be connected into the global compliance team, as well having as other opportunities to make professional connections.
R&D and Global Medical Ethics & Compliance support
- Involvement in risk assessment activities for medical and R&D activities
- Administration of written standards (e.g. policies and procedures)
- Conduct, support or involvement in monitoring (such as adherence to processes) and audit activities
- Creation, dissemination, organisation and analysis of surveys, data, reports and information, as required to support Compliance needs
Support of UK based above-country Risk Management and Compliance Board Meetings
- Attendance at risk management and compliance board meetings
- Compilation of meeting materials
- Drafting meeting minutes
Support of global Compliance team
- Responding to simple Compliance questions and queries from the business
- Management of document archiving for the UK-based Compliance team
- Support and/or leadership of Compliance communication projects e.g. compliance website, workplace posts
- Materials (slides) for compliance-owned training, as may be required by the business