ViiV Healthcare is a specialist company established by GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer in 2009, with the addition of Shionogi in 2012 after working together on the development of several drugs. We are focused solely on the research, development and commercialisation of medicines to treat HIV. Our aim is to take a deeper and broader interest in HIV/AIDS than any company has done before and take a unique approach to deliver new and effective HIV medicines as well as supporting communities affected by HIV. For more information on the company, its management, portfolio, pipeline and commitment, please visit www.viivhealthcare.com.
About the role
The ViiV Healthcare Marketing and Performance Executive Industrial Placement role will enable the student to work in a highly rewarding and complex environment as there is a great level of exposure to various business functions and the IP student will acquire a vast experience/knowledge across Commercial, Medical and Digital marketing.
Working as part of the Alliance Team in ViiV Healthcare Europe, which is responsible for the Alliance Region comprised of 20 countries from across the European Union, , the IP student will get a good understanding of the units' operational model and the above country function, while establishing multicultural networks.
In the role, the IP Student will be an integral member of the EU Alliance team with clear ownership and responsibility for specific projects and deliverables. During the placement, there are numerous opportunities to build your skillset across a variety of areas including operations, project management, systems and digital marketing.
The IP will also be offered the chance to lead high-profile meetings with senior stakeholders and expand their personal network across different functions in the organization. Lastly multiple shadowing opportunities will be agreed with the IP, aligned to their interests. All the development items agreed with the IP will be documented in a placement objective plan and frequently reviewed against their own expectations.
- Support Alliance markets to deliver successful campaigns & launch plans in liaison with medical, commercial, digital and capability leads, by tailoring activities and marketing materials
- Liaise with Alliance markets to understand what works where and what can be improved, to share best practice & help improve performance and capabilities - ensure collection of best practices and regular sharing among markets
- Lead the development of materials for internal meetings and conferences such as presentations, posters and booths
- Leading delivery of webinar programme across the region including engaging markets to participate, designing invitation materials etc.
- Planning and organising European conferences and meetings
- Leading projects and co-ordination with external agencies, team members and colleagues across Alliance and Europe teams
- Support internal communications for the Alliance team (newsletter, website, etc.) cascading information to the relevant stakeholders from a variety of sources in a timely manner;
- Support monitoring of Alliance budget consolidate individual team budgets into operating budget summaries and liaise with finance team on budget monitoring