Teaching Assistant, SEND, SEN, KS1, KS2, Primary School, TA, Learning Support, ADHD, AUTISM, ASD, GLD,
Special Education Needs Teaching Assistant
Kensington & Chelsea Primary School
This Primary School is located in the Heart of Kensington & Chelsea with easy access to a variety of transport links.
Your New School
This Primary School is looking for an exceptional Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant whose main role will be to support a Yr5 pupil with Autism. You will be responsible for helping the pupil concentrate and focus on their school work. You will also ensure that the child actively participates in lessons and follows instructions well. The SEN TA will be responsible for facilitating movement breaks when necessary, using the OT's Alert Chart and liaising with the SENCO, EF coach, SALT, teachers and parents.
Your New Role
You will be required to provide learning support for the pupil during the class and specifically during time out and movement breaks. You will have experience and knowledge of supporting pupils with Autism and Challenging Behaviour. You will have experience using PECS, Makaton and the Autism Bucket as learning tools to help the pupil develop. You will assist in developing the pupil's knowledge and work in partnership with parents, SENCO and the class teacher. You will contribute to the school's curriculum and maximise learning in the classroom, by providing necessary materials and resources. It is also essential that you are involved in the day to day planning and preparation of class activities, whilst ensuring that the pupils are motivated and encouraged to participate in activities that are outside their comfort zone.
Must Have Requirements
- Previous experience working with pupils with Autism and Challenging Behaviour
- Minimum of 1 Years' experience working in a Primary School Setting
- Experience using PECS, Makaton and the Autism Bucket
Benefits of Working with Hays Education
- Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
- A personal consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
- Refer a Friend Scheme - £250 every time you recommend a Teaching Assistant
- Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
- Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
How to Apply
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Nitya on [mailto: