Role: AAT Student Accountant
Department: Audit Services
Vacancy Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Contract Length: Five years
Expected Start: Early 2021
Academic Requirements: Minimum A Level: Maths A, Minimum GCSE: A in Maths and B in English.Your Opportunity and Role
Rawlinson & Hunter LLP ("R&H") is recruiting for an AAT Student Accountant, in the Audit Services Department.
The initial training period is for a fixed term of five years, two years for the AAT qualification, followed by three years to obtain the ACA qualification and become a full member of the ICAEW; but we believe that the purpose of our AAT/ACA programme is to build our future managers and partners and the majority of our students will remain with Rawlinson & Hunter to continue their career beyond qualification. This may involve:
- Continuing along the Audit career route
- Transferring to work in one of our other business areas (in the past our Audit students have successfully transferred to corporate tax, private client tax and trust and wealth services) which will usually involve studying for a secondary qualification
- Seconding or transferring to one of our international offices; in the past Audit students have seconded or transferred to Bermuda and Australia) Audit students may spend part of the year in our business services them where they will learn to be excellent accountants as well as outstanding auditors.
We provide fully funded study support to our AAT/ACA students, who study at the best tuition centres in London. Our AAT/ACA students are supported by the HAT group who provide additional induction and technical training to support the core AAT/ACA curriculum.
Our students' record of exam success is outstanding and we have produced several award winners over the years. However, we also recognise that sometimes things can go wrong and not everyone will pass every exam first time around. So long as we feel you have made an appropriate level of commitment to your studies and are performing your role to a good level of competence, one poor examination result will not mean the end of your career at Rawlinson & Hunter.Requirements
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
About our Firm
- Minimum GCSE grade A in Maths and B in English
- Grade A in Maths at A Level
- Have a genuine interest in developing a career in audit
- Be well organised and able to juggle different priorities
- Be computer literate
- Be able to work effectively in a team
- Have the confidence to engage with partners, clients and staff
- Have the desire to produce work of the highest quality
- Demonstrate an excellent customer service ethic
We are an international firm of Chartered Accountants with eighteen partners and circa 200 staff in the UK. We specialise in personal and corporate taxation and financial advice to international groups and private individuals from three offices in London and Leatherhead. Our Firm was established over 80 years ago and ranks amongst the top thirty practices in the UK; we are the largest firm of Chartered Tax Advisers in the UK.
In addition to the UK offices, we have ten overseas offices employing in excess of 400 staff which have developed from the substantial amount of international work in which the Firm is involved.
We are an equal opportunity's employer and pride ourselves on our increasing diversity of our workforce. We believe in the best person for the job.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/91293117