An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical/Quality Manager to join our client's team based in Basildon, Essex. This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis in return for a highly competitive salary.
Our clientis a market leading manufacturer of optimum, premium and high performance rigid insulation products for building fabric and building services applications. They are committed to providing architects, specifiers and contractors high quality, innovative products supported by technical expertise and customer service which is unsurpassed in the industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical/Quality Manager within their Basildon Site. Reporting to the Operations Manager, your main duty will be to lead the Quality and Technical function to ensure that we deliver quality products to our customers. This will be accomplished by determining quality improvement parameters and reducing the overall cost of quality.
About the Technical/Quality Manager role:
You will be responsible for leading quality and process improvement activities across the site to ensure consistent product conformity through robust control and assurance. Key deliverables include ensuring the consistent production of market-leading products and maintenance of certification including supporting third party audits; reporting of site KPI's; robust RCA and process improvement; and management of QC laboratory and chemical offloading areas.
Skills and Experience required of our client's Technical/Quality Manager:
- Qualifications in an Engineering or Technical background
- Lean Six Sigma qualification would be beneficial
- Previous audit experience. (Conducting internal or external, managing external)
- Experience of Quality and Process improvement, ideally within a demanding manufacturing environment where you were set, and achieved, KPI's in quality, cost and service
- Knowledge of W.C.M techniques, Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- ISO 9001 (thorough awareness and understanding)
- Ability to mentor and develop QC lab and chemical offloading teams
- Working to and achieving company set standards
- Ability to update weekly and monthly reports
You will be able to deliver change and drive continuous improvement using your own initiative. You will be a high energy, self-starter and possess well developed people management skills.
Are you the type of individual who can participate in and promote quality improvement activities to have a positive impact on operational performance? If so, please click 'apply' now to be considered as our client's Technical/Quality Manager!