We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Amazon Fashion finance team. Amazon Fashion's business is a dynamic and a key strategic focus area for the company. We need bright, talented people to help us fulfill our mission of making Amazon the most-loved fashion destination for our customers
The Senior Financial Analyst will work with our customer experience programs (including Prime Wardrobe) to be their trusted finance partner. In this role, you will own the end to end P&Ls for Prime Wardrobe, drive and/or support various financial analyses and ensure financial reporting keeps step with new initiatives. Expect to get involved in supporting strategic projects and helping build plans for the future. You will be required to stay close to the commercial, technical, and operational trends in the business and connect the dots to drive the right decisions. The growth of the business and the increasing complexity make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition with corresponding exposure to senior management at Amazon. The role will be located in our corporate headquarter in London, UK however, we will consider Munich, Germany as an alternative for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a high energy, entrepreneurial environment. They will be a creative and analytical problem solver who has an eye for details and strong inter-personal skills with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History ".
- A strong academic background; Finance or MBA qualification is preferred
- Proven track record in P&L ownership, financial planning and analysis and the management of related tasks (e.g. strategic planning, forecasting, reporting, variance analysis, business cases modelling, etc.)
- Advanced Excel essential for financial modelling and analyses
- Highly analytical, advanced problem solving skills, detail oriented without losing the big picture and strong business sense
- The ability to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes.
- Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
- The ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively, across pan-EU, based on strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- An eye for detail and a passion for data & technology
- Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn this essential skill is required.
- Finance experience from Retail or FMCG companies within an international environment.
- Experience of project/program finance including building P&Ls from scratch