A worldwide engineering manufacturer and part of a Fortune 500 company has a new vacancy based in West Lothian and are seeking a Part Qualified Management Accountant to join the business initially on a one-year FTC. It should be noted that due to expected business growth, this role may move to permanent towards the end of 2021.
It's a great role that will see the successful person supporting the Finance Controller in a prosperous and busy manufacturing company. The successful person will be joining a very experienced finance team and the knowledge transfer as you train into the role will offer the opportunity to advance your career within finance.
As the Part Qualified Management Accountant your duties will be to:
- Support the financial controller in pursuing business objectives in terms of output, quality, and cost.
- Maintain and improve the Cost Accounting function and to provide management with a timely and efficient service
- Assist Senior Cost Accountant in preparing month end Balance sheet Reconciliations
- Produce and analyse daily management reports to tight deadlines
- Maintain daily sales register ensuring completeness, accuracy and compliance with Company's revenue recognition policy
- Prepare productivity and attended hours reports, ensure variances from forecast are explained
To be a successful Part Qualified Management Accountant you will have the following skills and experience:
- CIMA / ACCA / with relevant degree / professional qualification in accountancy.
- Advanced Excel and analysis skills.
- Experience of working within an accountancy function within a manufacturing environment is advantageous (other sectors will be considered).
- Good communication skills with the ability to make decisions and apply judgement using own initiative.
- Knowledge of internal control systems and procedures and experience of Sarbanes and Oxley (SOX) is advantageous.
In return, the Part Qualified Management Accountant will receive a highly competitive salary DOE, plus 33 days holiday and an employer contribution pension scheme of up to 10%. This role presents an excellent career opportunity to further enhance knowledge and accounting skills in a world class manufacturing setting.