In this role you will provide a high quality, comprehensive workflow management and organisational service to fee earners This role will initially be working remotely until further notice.
As the single point of contact for fee earners and the completion of their work, the role with undertake all aspects of the Practice Assistant role, or where appropriate, manage the workflow by utilising Team Assistants and Shared Services, retaining ownership and accountability of all tasks through to completion. Provide a high quality, comprehensive workflow management and organisational service to fee earners in the group and exceptional client service.
* Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients and dealing with basic client queries as appropriate
* Manage the production of documents and check returned work produced by the Shared Services team/speech recognition for accuracy/formatting, before it is passed to the relevant lawyer
* Taking and making client related calls, dealing with and handling message taking as appropriate.
* Liaise with Client & Marketing and provide support for scheduling tender meetings, directory interviews, client training.
* Responsible for keeping up to date with client specific protocols and processes, implementing, providing guidance and training to others where necessary and ongoing monitoring.
* Responsible for files being opened and closed. Supervise general filing requirements and record- keeping and production of engagement letters, ensuring compliance at all times
* Support fee earners in business development activities including the involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations, scheduling meetings e.g. tenders, directories, internal client
* Work with business development managers on the maintenance of CRM to ensure key client contacts are in Interaction and 'bounce-backs'
* Assisting in the organisation of internal and external events, seminars and conferences
* Manage diaries, ensuring they are up-to date, anticipating requirements e.g. associated travel/accommodation bookings, meeting rooms, drafting itineraries, preparing agendas, preparing and circulating papers
* Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
* Assisting in the tender process - liaising with Business Development, collating outstanding information, assisting with draft/final submissions.
* Arrange for the preparation and collation of internal sector newsletters and briefings
* Arrange photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out letters, faxes etc.
* Receiving instructions via digital dictation for tasks and acting upon the same
* Responsible for the completion of complex billing; ensuring bills are prepared to the highest standards of accuracy and it's undertaken within the team in accordance with the contractual requirement
* Request cheques, bank transfers, and paying in money received, as appropriate
* Reviewing and updating time allocation and disbursements ensuring appropriate matter allocation
* Supporting the co-ordination of the WIP certification process
* Managing Expenses
* Online applications e.g. Companies House, Land Registry, Searchflow, CRU forms
* Undertaking searches and completion of Stamp Duty Land Tax
* Ensuring compliance with firm wide/department policies and procedures including Lexcel and Information Security
* Experience of working in a legal or professional services environment
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
* An aptitude for producing documents and client communications of the highest standard
* Advanced knowledge of document management/case management systems
* Proven experience of managing administration services and resources, with a hands-on, practical approach
* Effective at investigating issues and seeing a problem through to conclusion
* Conscientious, taking personal responsibility for own work and accountability for its delivery and quality
* Excellent team player, sharing in team goals to provide excellent quality and efficiency of service
* Positive can-do attitude with the ability to adapt to change
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer