We are looking for a commercially-astute finance professional to join our dedicated Finance team in Norwich as a Finance Business Partner.
The role holder will provide effective and timely financial advice to the senior leadership team (SLT) and Finance Lead of Aviva's Business to Business (B2B) & Strategic Partnerships business area to help achieve their commercial goals. This is a key role in shaping the performance agenda and providing the business with choices on revenue generation and cost management and elaborating on the consequences of the decisions that are made.
The successful person will be responsible for educating the B2B SLT and ensuring that they understand their financial management responsibilities, key value drivers and how this business area is performing financially.Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Own the business performance culture, where financial targets are embedded, monitored and challenged throughout the business.
- Provide insight and challenge to teams on pricing, trading and capital usage to drive optimisation of performance and achievement of New Business, Existing Business and Capital plans.
- Produce financial, trading and governance papers for commercial negotiations, where relevant.
- Monitor internal and industry trends, forecasts and competitor analysis that help inform the future development of the business. Communicate outputs and findings to senior management.
- Manage the cost base of the B2B/Strategic Partnerships business area. Manage financial plans and cost management initiatives within an established framework.
- Take accountability for making recommendations and/or decisions on business area capital and investment proposals.
- Identify, own and manage specific key risks. Maintain appropriate records and ensure that controls are sufficiently well designed and operating effectively to keep the risks within Aviva's tolerance level. Report the status of the relevant risks and controls as appropriate.
- Deal with complex rather than abstract problems, these will require case-by-case judgement.
What will you get for this role?
- Proven experience of working in financially-focused roles and can demonstrate the capability to present and interpret financial/accounting data.
- Good understanding of how economic capital and economic metrics drive value in our business - able to discuss business profit drivers with peers and senior management.
- Excellent communication skills, confident when explaining complex technical financial matters and being able to simplify these for different business areas.
- Able to build and manage positive relationships across all levels of seniority. Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- A professional or academic finance qualification would be advantageous but equivalent professional experience will also be valued.
- A good knowledge of the regulatory and legislative landscape.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced regulated environment with specific control & governance requirements.
Working at Aviva
- Annual salary around £45,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on 0121 234 7665 or send an email to email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.