The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Project Manager to join the growing metering business within Siemens. You will be responsible for the delivery of projects from sales/ tendering handover through to completion and handover to customers.
Furthermore, this role does have people management responsibilities so you will be responsible for the project delivery function including design and site support.
This role will be based from our Rochester office, with the flexibility to offer some remote-working. There will be occasional travel across UK. Siemens Digital Grid - Project Delivery team
Siemens has a long history of providing end-to-end electric Solutions for networks metering. We provide specialist and proven design capability, manufacturing, testing and commissioning in dedicated facilities. At our UKAS accredited laboratory we build high quality metering solutions for the precision measurement of energy in large capacity circuits. Our solutions are used by National Grid, major UK power stations, ABB, major Offshore and Onshore windfarms and other renewable energy generation projects including distributed generation & battery storage In addition to our onshore credentials we also meter the energy generated by offshore wind turbines and naturally all of our work is independently verified. What will my role cover?
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- Delivery of grid metering projects, achieving customer requirements and in accordance with Siemens project management (PM@Siemens) requirements
- Interface and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure all objectives are met
- Responsible for management of staff (project delivery team)
- You will manage project resources and project budgets
- Manage the EHS in connection with delivery of projects
- Identify and manage project risks
- Support & collaboration with Sales / Tendering during pre-sales phase of projects
- Effective cost control and achievement of delegated budget targets
- Continuous improvement of existing processes, tools and associated standards to enhance project performance, reduce cost and/or increase productivity & efficiency
- Capacity planning & management to ensure the ongoing availability and optimized utilization of project engineering and support teams
What else do I need to know?
- Electrical engineering technical background
- Knowledge of high voltage transmission and distribution networks
- BSC /HND in engineering discipline.
- People management experience would be beneficial
- Great communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge and experience of high accuracy metering and electrical measurements would be advantageous
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with you. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [ https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html ] or contact the recruiter.
Siemens plcExperience Level:
not definedJob Type:
If you are a woman and cannot find jobs within engineering at Siemens that match your location or skill set why not join our talent community. While you're at it, why not set up job alerts to be notified of these fantastic opportunities when they become available!