* £40,000 - £50,000 + excellent benefits
* Senior Systems Accountant role for high growth retail business
* Either permanent or temp to perm
I am delighted to be supporting a market leading Retail business in Manchester in their search for a Senior Systems Accountant. The Systems Accountant will be instrumental in delivering systems improvement projects whilst supporting the Finance team in the day to day operations and activities.
The Senior Systems accountant will have the following responsibilities:
* Reviewing current, proposed and newly implemented systems and internal controls to ensure successful migration, accuracy in financials and efficiencies achieved
* Support in the Project Management of the implementation of the remaining phases of the system
* Support the CFO and Head of Commercial Finance with the implementation of a change management culture by challenging and replacing established processes and procedures where necessary
* Develop new ways of working, identifying potential control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
* Support in the maintenance of financial ledgers accounting processes
* Support in the review of the Consolidation Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
* Support in the timely production of statutory and financial reports
* Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Company's accounting records and financial systems
* Assist in providing relevant and timely financial information to the Board to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Company's strategy and objectives
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* A qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
* Ability to introduce change and influence others to change
* Strong desire to strive for improvement, simplification and automation of processes and procedures.
* Good attention to detail
* Computer literate with advanced excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred
If the role sounds of interest please apply and I would be happy to discuss in more detail.