Are you an experience operational risk manager looking for a new challenge for the New Year? Are you looking for a more customer centric working environment and to work for an employer that sees you as more than a number? Our client can offer you all of those things in addition to a commitment to work life balance. The focus of the role is to provide support to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in discharging their responsibilities in respect of Operational and Business risk control and oversight for the entire organisation.
You will be responsible for the following areas:
Risk Reporting (Control):
- Maintain processes within the business for risk assessment, review of risk events and risk returns, analysis of root causes, analysis of trends and identification of emerging risks.
- Facilitate annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment reviews.
- Maintain the Risk Registers and associated reporting to ERC and BRC. Review the risk assessment outputs and identify / investigate / challenge any anomalies.
- Review and challenge the operational plans (e.g. Business Continuity, Cyber Security) and risk policies (including Information Security and Data Protection, Computer Security, Computer Use and Electronic Communications policies).
- Maintain the Operational Risk Policy and related documents.
- Monitor and interpret regulatory developments (e.g. SYSC, Policy Statements and Supervisory Statements) and attend relevant industry forums
Monitoring and review:
- Undertake monitoring activity to identify failures to follow procedures or policy.
- Undertake thematic reviews to identify weaknesses in policy or procedures.
- Participate in Complaints analysis and identify common themes with risk events.
- Monitoring of Key Risk Indicators and setting of Early Warning Indicators.
- Reporting to ERC and BRC of review outcomes and key risks identified.
Stress testing & Governance:
- Facilitate stress testing and scenario analysis around operational risks including the ICAAP assessment and attendance at relevant Boars