Strategy, integrity and transparency lies at the heart of everything our client does. They have grown into a highly profitable business, on the strength of their approach. Built on a culture of accountability, my client seeks an ambitious Senior Management Accountant to join their team.
You will take full responsibility for a business unit, acting as the key finance contact for all MI and decision making. Working alongside the management team to offer a mixture of management accounting and commercial assistance to drive performance.
This is an excellent role for someone already in a management accounting position looking to play a more influential role in business-critical decision making but could also suit someone looking at their first role in industry. Key to this business is the success of their team.
You will have responsibility for the ongoing training and development of two colleagues, both studying towards their formal qualifications. Whilst previous direct management experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as your personality and approach will be a fundamental aspect to this element of the role.
The role is offering a very competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum with a range of benefits such as performance bonus and staff discount schemes.
• Production of management accounts
• Coordinate budgeting process in line with the company's strategy
• Prepare and analyse monthly management accounts
• Provide detailed insight into variances • Liaising closely with senior management, presenting on monthly financial performance
• Offer professional judgement on financial matters to sites and advising on ways to improve business performance
• Review and assist with commercial business tenders & appraise capital projects for financial viability and ROI
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and maintain controls/accuracy of financial systems
• Assist with the preparation of year end audit information and statutory accounts
You will need demonstrable experience within a similar position and will be qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA). It is essential you are a strong communicator with intermediate Excel and modelling skills.