You will be joining a business with over 50 years' experience within their field who have earned an excellent reputation in the industry for delivery.
Now seeking a Finance Manager to take day to day responsibility for a number of businesses within a privately-owned Group. This role will suit a qualified or qualified by experience Financial Controller / Finance Manager used to working in a varied and diverse owner managed organisation.
This role requires somebody with a good commercial head and excellent communication skills in order to quickly establish credibility and build relationships with the owners and key stakeholders.
Key tasks will include:
- Management accounting and cash flow - including analysis of variances and explaining those to management and the shareholders
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial viability analysis e.g. setting prices, costings, advising on gaps that need filling on revenue, cost savings etc
- Improve financial controls & systems to ensure robust financial reporting, profitability review & forecasting process
- Implement daily & weekly cash forecast
- Dealing with external accountants, suppliers negotiating payment terms and prices and staff and contractor expenses for each of the companies
Qualifications and systems:
- Ideally ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent. QBE will be considered if there is substantial, relevant work experience
- Intermediate Excel skills