At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Pricing and Market Access Director, you will have the opportunity to work on our exciting pipeline to develop the P&MA launch and execution strategy. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the worldwide reimbursement, patient access and successful commercialisation.
You will be joining the Oncology Market Access and Pricing (OMAP) function, an experienced team of specialists with many different skills, aligned to a common objective - we lead by shaping the payer environment; create and deliver highly valued market access solutions to unlock the potential of our life changing medicines for patients .
You will have to demonstrate exceptional insights, knowledge and influencing skills to be able to bring diverse opinions together and build and execute a strategy meeting the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders. To do this you will develop close collaboration with cross-functional colleagues across brand teams, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Government Affairs, our local affiliates/marketing companies, as well as within the OMAP function and possibly across alliances.Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Global Price and Market Access Strategy
- Global Price Policy and its strategic implementation
- Matrix manage a cross functional team to support the development of global price and market access strategy, and align with the payer evidence strategy
- Revise as needed pricing & market access strategies and value stories, to optimize the value of life cycle management opportunities.
- Drive the required payer insights to ensure robust and validated price & reimbursement strategies.
- Develop price and market access inputs into forecasts and business cases and ensure assumptions are aligned across the brand portfolio to give a robust forecast.
- Develop value messages and claims, ensuring target product profiles and target claims can meet payer needs.
- Graduate degree in biomedical science, business, or economics.
- Prior oncology therapy area expertise is essential, including oncology launch experience.
- Relevant drug development and/or commercialization experience within the pharmaceutical/medical industry.
- Knowledge of the needs and expectations of national and regional payers, insurers, and commercial customers in our strategic markets.
- Several years of previous project leadership experience in the generation of payer evidence or development/execution of payer commercial strategies (e.g. Health Economics, Market Access, Pricing).
- Ability to make reasoned decisions under pressure
- Ability to take people with you and bring the best out of others
- Excellence and precision in communication: credible and persuasive
- Experience working with clinicians, pharmacists and payers on evidence-based customer solutions, e.g. through working with local payers in EU or commercial customers in the US.
- Experience in a commercial strategy function, e.g. managed markets brand director, business development director, head of pricing/access.
- Experience constructing payer value stories and incorporating these into TPPs
- Experience in country or regional pharmaceutical role