Simbec-Orion is a responsive and agile full-service CRO, with wide therapeutic experience and specialist expertise in clinical pharmacology, oncology and rare diseases. Perfectly structured, we provide full-service clinical development solutions for small and mid-size drug developers - headed up by a centralised leadership team.
With a focus on tailormade and scalable solutions, we'll adapt our delivery style, communications and operations to suit the demands of your project, helping you achieve your clinical and commercial objectives. Because our goal is the same as yours; to improve patients' lives. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Research Physcian to join our Mdecial - Clinical Pharmacology department.
You will be responsible for medically screening all healthy volunteers who want to take part in Clinical Trials at Simbec Orion's Clinical Pharmacology Unit and will provide ongoing medical support for all trials undertaken by Simbec-Orion by reviewing ECGs, vital signs, blood results and adverse events.
You will ensure that all procedures are performed to acceptable Medical, Scientific and Ethical Standards and that all trials are run in accordance with protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and meet all regulatory requirements and ICH-GCP. Minimum Requirements: Essential:
- Medical Degree.
- GMC Registered with a License to Practice and comply with revalidation requirements.
- Clinical Experience required :
- If Qualified before 2005: 2 years post-registration experience
- If Qualified after 2005: 2 years clinical experience post-Foundation (or equivalent) in approved training posts
- Member of a suitable medical defence organisation (e.g. MDU or MPS)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Experience of managing participant safety (eligibility, ongoing review/assessment) and management of Medical Emergencies.
- Competent in MS Office Packages
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively manage changes to priorities and deadlines
Simbec-Orion is an equal opportunity employer. Simbec-Orion will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Valid Advanced Life Support (ALS) certificate from the Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Post-graduate Qualification in Clinical Pharmacology
- Previous Clinical Trial and/CRO/ Bio-Tech /Pharma Experience
- Knowledge of Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS)
- Experience with Electronic Document Capturing Systems
- Experience of leading cross-functional project/clinical teams
- Risk identification/management; Decision-making and problem-solving skills