I am now looking to recruit a Production Shift Manager to be based in Sheffield for a large manufacturing and production organisation. This position will be Monday to Friday, Shift work but you will not work weekends. There is strong progression opportunities available within this role, and develop within the business.Client Details
Based in Sheffield my client is a FMCG business, none food who supply products to a range of high street stores. Due to business improvements they are now looking to recruit a Production Shift Manager to be based at there head office in South Yorkshire.Description
Reporting directly into the Production Manager based you will have a team of 20-40 employees, and will be working in a fast paced, manufacturing environment. The company currently have Team Leaders in place, so part of your responsibility will be to improve and motivate this team.The main duties for the role will include:
- Lead and develop a team of operators in a designated area of the factory.
- Responsible for continuously improving performance in the section.
- engaging team members and promoting best practice.
- Increasing machine reliability and personnel accountability.
- Play a key role in ensuring that the factory is as efficient, flexible and competitive as possible.
- Create a real positive environment on the shop floor.
- Encouraging operators to take ownership for monitoring machine performance.
- Collecting data and generating ideas and solutions.
- Set clear provision of objectives which will be critical for sections to achieve their targets.
To apply for the position of Production Shift Manager you will have Manufacturing or FMCG background, leadership experience. Other requirements include:
- Background in a Supervisory or Production Management.
- Manufacturing understanding is very important.
- any qualifications within Engineering, Lean Six Sigma or Quality would also prove beneficial.
- Be up for a challenge.
This position will be based on a Monday-Friday, Shift Pattern which includes Morning and Afternoons and Nights (6/2 - 2/10, 10-6) but no weekends. My client are wanting to see candidates who are looking to progress quickly, and come with a strong Production or Supervisor background.Job Offer
The salary for this position will be £25,000 - £32,000.