We are pleased to be recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join a successful and growing Law firm in the St Albans area. The ideal candidate would be someone with experience, but we would also like to hear from Law graduates.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the conveyancing department where you will be liaising with clients and mortgage lenders, checking legal documents and taking files from exchange to completion and much more. Compliance and attention to detail is paramount.
9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Salary £22,000 to £27,000 Depending on experienceDuties:
- To assist in conveyancing work.
- To liaise with clients as necessary.
- To correspond with clients as required.
- To take out suitable indemnity policies.
- To prepare the completion statements for the partners' review.
- To produce the final search results for the approval of the Partners.
- To prepare payment slips for the partners review and approval.
- To prepare the telegraphic transfers for the partners' review.
- To liaise with mortgage lenders and prepare certificates of title for the partners' review.
- To upload and distribute the searches on purchase files.
- To review replies to requisitions on title and check that the correct undertakings have been recorded.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
- Meet deadlines
- Previous experience as a Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Law graduate