£30,000 - £60,000
My client who operate within the Defence and Government sector are currently looking for a number of Software Engineers to join their team in London. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is looking to gain (or has had) experience in the Defence or Government sector, my client have a start-up mentality but have large financial backing meaning that they have continued to grow throughout the pandemic.
You will enjoy working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects, whilst being part of a team who are proactive and have a can-do attitude to their work. They pride themselves on keeping up with emerging technologies and delivering best-practice so it is important that you enjoy learning and continuous improvement.
You will have a wide range of responsibilities, which the list below gives a flavour of some of the tasks you may be asked to undertake;
- Implementing software solutions including design, development and testing.
- Use a wide range of technologies, specialising in the use of open source libraries and components.
- Use tools such as GitLab to build continuous integration pipelines which help monitor and ensure software quality and security.
- Deploy software systems to a mixture of environments including public (AWS and Azure) and private cloud.
- Full Software Lifecycle involvement:
- Project concept formalisation
- Requirements analysis and specification
- Software architecture design
- Software implementation and delivery
- Software training and support
- Software lifecycle and maintenance
They are looking for someone who has experience in the following;
All applicants need to be eligible for a full UK SC security clearance.
- Contemporary software engineering including selection and application of appropriate technology and patterns.
- Confidence developing full-stack solutions as a polyglot developer/engineer.
- DevOps and the techniques which enable it - including virtualisation, containerisation, continuous integration, continuous deployment and infrastructure as code.
- Working with high-level stakeholders - both internally and externally - and flexibility to travel to customer sites in the South West and London.
- Working in agile environments using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
What you will get:
This role is an excellent opportunity, and my client reward their staff well with a competitive salary and impressive benefits package which includes:
- Flexi-time: 8am - 10am starts
- Learning: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
- Social: Fantastic culture with monthly social events
- Weekend Away: a get together every autumn!
- Future You: Matched pension and health care package
We also understand the importance of getting to know your colleagues. Whole company meetings are held every quarter, and a training/work brief weekend is held once a year, amongst many other social events.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.