We are working with a leading specialist provider of delivering quality complex care in the home setting.
The company is a national provider delivering complex health and social care to individuals living with profound disabilities in their own homes.
The main function of this role is to provide clinical governance and support to each package of care that falls within your caseload, write and review care plans reflecting all areas of health and social needs. Educate, train and support the Health care assistants so they can deliver quality, safe and effective care to the client on a day-to-day basis.
Previous experience in tracheostomy, invasive and non invasive ventilation is essential.
* To take responsibility for the clinical care of each client within your caseload, reporting to the nurse manager.
* Practice within the Legal & Ethical framework as established by Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) and National Legislation to ensure clients interests and well-being are met.
* To implement, assess and evaluate a care plan for each client.
* Provide telephone support to clients and personal assistants as part of a 24 hour on-call rota.
* Responsibility for maintaining client records within agreed standards.
* To make regular visits to each client within your caseload to meet the clinical needs and training requirements for each package.
* To ensure the best practice is implemented and the highest standards of individualised care are met.
* To liaise with the multidisciplinary team as required for each client in your care.
* To take responsibility for the training and assessment of competencies for the personal assistants working within each team.
* Level 1 NMC registered (adult) nurse.
* Excellent clinical care skills.
* Specialist field of practice - Intensive Care Nursing, High Dependency Nursing, Spinal Injuries or Community home ventilation experience.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Management experience.
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
* Problem solving and crisis management.
* Ability to prioritise caseload effectively.
* Accurate reporting skills.
* Quality management.
* Able to convey information clearly, follow organisational policies & procedures and produce appropriate written communication.
* Able to promote and represent the company in a positive and professional light.
* Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business