Infrastructure Engineer - Contract 6 - 12Months - Cambridgeshire - £450 - £550 per day - DV Cleared
Our client is seeking a Infrastructure Engineer as part of a programme engineering team to integrate and implement newly designed systems within the Defence Intelligence domain.
They are seeking a Multi-Disciplined Engineer to integrate and implement a leading edge system. The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from requirements analysis through design, build, test, and acceptance and into Live Operations. The role will include validating and verifying design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors and the integration and testing of those designs into fully functional and operational services. There is also system transition and data migration tasks to be supported.
There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
The Key Responsibilities of an Integration Systems Engineer:
* Interact with Service Design Team for the assignment on integration and implementation tasks.
* Providing implementation and integration for the:
1. Infrastructure components, i.e. the servers (both physical and virtual), workstations (both physical and virtual), storage and networks (both physical and virtual).
2. Integration of the COTS software applications.
3. Management of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, security software and writing System Operating Instructions.
* Implement the physical detailed design by building Servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications.
* Maintaining Systems Lock downs of the system using GAP and SCM generated Active Directory GPOs.
Below is a list of Key Skills required for the Integration Systems Engineer, however you will not be expected to have everything:
* Solid grounding in the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems, and knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes.
* Proven track record in the implementation and maintenance of complex IT systems.
* Recent practical experience of successfully integrating complex COTS products and knowledge of the integration of computer hardware including networking in a secure environment and experience of the installation and configuration of Windows server software and Windows workstations.
* Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS software to meet defined system requirements. e.g. Sophos, LogRhythmn, Lumension Device Control, What's Up, MS Office, ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, BAE SOCET SET, Photoshop, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
* Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements.
* Strong Windows system administration experience, covering Windows 7, 10 and Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
* Horizon 7 with VDI experience
* VMware virtualisation experience
* Strong scripting capabilities using Powershell and/or VB
* Experience of integrating engineering components from a subcontractor.
* Experienced implementing hardware integration projects.
* Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
The client would also like to see some of the below, but this is not essential:
* Microsoft certification / Experience of Ansible
* Knowledge of or experience in DevOps.
* CISCO Certification / VMware Certification / VMware NSX-T experience.
* A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (440 and 480), Safety and ILS practices and policies.
* Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software.
* Knowledge of using Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2.5 and GAP.
* Knowledge and experience in planning, designing and implementing system transition to include writing scripts and instructions, sequencing tasks, rehearsing and validating plans.
* Data Migration experience.
The client is very open to candidates from different backgrounds so please do apply for more information.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £250 of Love to Shop Gift Vouchers!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active DV or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2020