The Project Manager will be delivering multiple plant life extension project across the site.
Site Project Managers are accountable to the Principal PM for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. The Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the PPM and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
The Project Manager must be fully versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations; have a thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting. They should also have significant brown-field project management experience.
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
* Applying the company project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
* Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver the project, including specialist support staff.
* Leading and coaching the project team members creating a positive team working environment.
* Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
* Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
* Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables.
* Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
* Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary.
* Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form.
* Maintain regular involvement of and communications with the Project Sponsor.
* Ensuring that any control arrangements identified, as part of the implementation of Licence Conditions, are adhered to during the lifecycle of the project (for new plant this includes specific arrangements under SLC 19, 20 and 21)
Approvals in principle are as follows:
• The assignment of key project personnel.
• Project execution strategies and plans.
• The commitment of sanctioned project funds within delegated financial powers.
• All scope and change control variations within agreed limits.
Contract management tasks via the F3 form including instruction of supply chain partners within agreed limits.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject.
• Chartered or equivalent preferred.
• APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business