Senior Product DeveloperLondon
A family owned business that has built an enviable reputation worldwide over the past 20 years working with some of the leading interior designers such as David Collins Studio and Martin Brudnizki on exclusive projects. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the industries finest in a progressive design-led company.
They design and manufacture a range of luxury lighting distributed through our worldwide sales network alongside bespoke fixtures for prestigious design practices and projects. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the industries finest in a progressive design-led company.
They are looking for a senior product developer to work within the Design team reporting directly to the Design Manager.
You must have a minimum 6 years of experience in lighting, electronics of a relevant industry and be a highly experienced in product development to manufacture.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for someone to work within our design team during a time of exceptional growth. We are looking for someone who wants to join our friendly and experienced team, working with them in a fast-paced commercial environment to grow and support our product programme.
- Work with the Creative Director and Design Manager developing products from concept to manufacturer
- Project mange the product development so it is designed to a targeted cost price whilst not compromising on the aesthetic
- Seek and develop new suppliers for new product and existing products working alongside the Design Manager and Supply Chain Manager
- Project manage the product development Oversee prototype development, and their compliance to relevant standards
- Liaise with our Supply Chain and Operations Manager to ensure products are design and specified for manufacturing
- Work with our Operations team to ensure the product complies with CE, IP or UL standards and the correct process and procedures are in place for LIA QA.
- Work with the alongside the ales team on customisations of designs, costing and developing them to order, liaising with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure the smooth production.
You must have strong product development skills thrive in a team and fast paced environment. You must be an enthusiastic, organised person who can clearly and concisely communicate with a passion for design and will relish the chance to operate in a successful luxury, design led company. We provide an excellent career path opportunity and see this role developing within CTO Lighting.
You must be able to travel throughout the UK and Europe without the requirement for visa control if and when required.
You must have:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience of developing a sales region increasing sales and customers
- Proven track record of developing products for manufacture, a strong knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes and finishing techniques, assembly procedures including CE, IP and UL
- Knowledge of new lighting technologies, electrical specifications, and smart dimming systems
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD programme
- Proficient in Adobe suite and Microsoft office
- Strong problem-solving skills
- An outgoing personality and great interpersonal skills
- Great project management and multi-tasking skills
- Full clean Driving license
An excellent opportunity for your personal development, a profit share scheme, and a great working environment. The salary will be dependent on your skills and experience.
There is a pension scheme and 20 days holiday (and an extra 1 day for every 2 years worked) plus statutory holidays.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 6pm and Friday 8.30am to 1pm
If you feel you have the skills and ability to perform this role then send in your CV James