We are One Housing, and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Procurement team is friendly, knowledgeable and we love what we do. We are proud of our expertise and passionate about the high-quality service we deliver to all of our customers and stakeholders.
We offer our colleagues flexible working, a collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-
profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people's lives, each and every day.
Join our Procurement team as a Procurement Manager
Our Procurement team play an important role in helping us to achieve our vision by supporting colleagues across the organisation to manage £130 million supplier spend , deliver ing value for money and reducing supply chain risk .
Our Procurement team is a commercially driven, innovative procurement function that is solely focused on supporting the business deliver our Corporate Plan. The team is centralised, strategic, and facilitates best practice procurement and contract management throughout the business.
We have recognised the potential value from managing our spend, suppliers, and contracts more strategically and our Procurement team play a key role in ensuring we continue to innovate to ensure we stay commercially focused yet retain our social heart.
Our Procurement team is well positioned as part of the Finance Directorate and reporting directly into the Chief Finance Officer. Working collaboratively with colleagues we prize our accountability, empathy and a genuine desire to be helpful and informative.
We're an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Procurement Manager based in central Camden.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead on the procurement of high value and urgent fire safety related projects and other maintenance, repairs and operational (MRO) spend. Projects will include cladding replacement, intrusive surveys, fire engineers, fire risk assessments, fire related remedial works, waking watch, fire safety systems (fire doors, sprinkler systems, alarms) to name a few.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Director of Procurement in the ongoing development of a strategic and professional procurement team that acts as a centre of commercial expertise for One Housing.
- Delivering some of the most critical and largest procurements for One Housing, and possibly the sector, that will have a lasting impact on the future success of One Housing.
- Building strong and effective relationships with the Directors in both the Customer Services and Development directorates to manage the delivery of the Customer Services Procurement Pipeline.
- Procurement of supplies, services and works in an effective and economical way to achieve best value for money.
- Ensuring all procurement is in accordance with statutory regulations and best practice guidance.
- Delivering effective procurement to comply with framework and bespoke procurement methods.
- Building and maintaining supplier relationships and negotiating supplier agreements.
- Identifying priority suppliers and initiating business and organisation partnerships.
- Maintaining awareness of risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. You will need to demonstrate the below capabilities:
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in public sector procurement, especially surrounding the delivery of above OJEU works and service contracts.
- Advanced stakeholder management and influencing skills, advanced knowledge of forms of contract, as well as an ability to deliver parallel projects to constricted timescales.
- Demonstrate procurement experience within the Public/Charitable/Not-For-Profit Sectors.
- Experience of delivering large scale/high value development and/or repairs & maintenance procurements.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrable experience of leading on a range of successful OJEU procurements utilising a range of procedures i.e. open, restricted, competitive procedure with negotiation, etc.
- In depth knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and abreast of forthcoming changes as a result of Brexit.
- A good understanding and demonstrable experience of using the most common forms of contract, such as, NEC, JCT, TPC, etc.
- Proven ability to identify cost saving opportunities through well-developed spend analysis and category management skills.
- Well-developed relationship management and influencing skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Strong literacy, numeracy skills and the ability to produce high quality written reports and procurement strategies that are tailored to the recipient.
- Self-motivated, assertive and confident.
- Experience of negotiating formally and informally.
- Experience of using e-procurement, especially e-tendering software/system
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £50,000
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family's healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you've done a #greatjob
- Learning never One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We're here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years' continuous service
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Procurement team.