The Business Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the design, development and support of the BBC's enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for recruiting and leading a small number of skilled multi-disciplined engineering project and / or product teams. Also for the planning, design, implementation, integration, commissioning, test and in some cases operation of systems.
Role Responsibility Systems Management -
Be the Lead systems specialist for Procurement modules of SAP ECC, SRM, Ariba and other Procurement related Systems.
Lead on requirements gathering with the business process owners and stakeholders, analyse and present solution options that align with BBC Engineering strategies.
Work with the Systems Owner to ensure system performance (KPI's) are continuously improved, inputting into the systems roadmap, identifying risks and providing risk mitigations.System Architecture:
Responsible for ensuring systems design and architecture is fit for purpose, including disaster recovery architecture. Project Engagement -
Responsible for providing technical consultancy to project delivery and development teams, procurement, service design and change management teams
Responsible for providing technical expertise to project teams throughout the lifecycle of a project
Working with project & service delivery teams responsible for the commissioning and acceptance ensuring new installations/services are fit for purpose, supportable, and are built against agreed specification and installation standardsChange, Configuration and release management -
Responsible for minor/major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring that change management procedures are followed working alongside the teams responsible for UAT, testing and deployment of upgrades into the production environment.Incident Management -
Responsible for the resolution of escalated incidents from frontline support teams and assisting with the command & control for major incident and service outages.Problem Management -
Responsible for Problem Management for systems assigned, ensuring that known issues and workarounds are documented and input into a Known Error Database.Non Functional Requirements
- Responsible for ensuring systems align with BBC's non-functional
requirements including accessibility, performance, disaster recovery and security.
Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with current safety legislation and BBC safety policies, security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the task.Knowledge Management -
Responsible for the production of technical documentation, ensuring quality and accuracy
Responsible for assessing and inputting into the design and delivery of training for systems under ownership ensuring support teams can be appropriately trained3 rd Party Suppliers -
Responsible for building effective relationships with system vendors to ensure that reported incidents and problems are resolved within agreed resolution times set in service contracts
The Ideal Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Detailed Knowledge of SAP Procurement including:
- MM - Material Management
- SRM - Supplier Relationship Management including add-on UI5
- Ariba including Product Categories, Shopping Carts, MDG
- Opentext - VIM
- Finance Modules
- Detailed Integration Knowledge with SAP SD/BW/HR/Finance
- Procurement background
- Experience in managing a complex technical systems/environment
- Experienced in managing conflicting demands in situations of pressure where priorities are rapidly changing
- Experience of having to communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques
- Authoritative knowledge of security policies and statutory requirements relevant to the role
- Experience in working with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of providing a high quality service in a demanding customer service environment
- Significant experience within the SAP Procurement environment covering multiple implementations, projects or support instances in a Lead role
- Ability to mentor more junior system specialists
- Experience of relationship management
- Experience of technology projects including business change deliverables
- Substantial experience gained in a technology environment
- Worked on the full project lifecycle
Contract type: Continuing
Location: London We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18 th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae'r sefyllfa gyda'r coronafeirws yn datblygu'n gyflym, ac mae'r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau'r risg, dim ond y bobl sy'n hanfodol i'n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau'r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18 fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here