Are you interested in defining the future tech requirements for Amazon's global delivery operations? Amazon Logistics (AMZL) delivery operations are on pace to become one of the largest parcel carriers in the world. Robust technical solutions that fully leverages delivery station and Driver capacities are critical to accomplishing that scale while delivering a world class customer experience. The Program Manager (PM) will be accountable for capturing business requirements around the operations that are critical to scale and enable consistent, industry leading, performance. The PM will lead the piloting and delivery of high-performance tech bases systems in our EU network. The PM will need to be a proven program leader, diligent project leader, communicator, and problem solver. You will manage large, complex initiatives, deal with ambiguity, balance speed with Quality, and advocate on behalf of the customer to provide high-performance app based solutions to the field. The PM will be relied upon to be an expert in statistical analysis and perform root cause analysis in order to monitor progress, measure success and identify improvement opportunities.
• Identify through regional requirements and customer (ops) feedback, opportunities to improve tech based tools.
• Work with complex MHE, automation, robotics and process design based on Lean Manufacturing.
• Ensures critical path timelines are met, resource needs are understood and project prioritization is visible and communicated to Sr leadership
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal business partners
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Work closely with operations, product teams and engineering teams to root cause and solve complex problems related to increasing capability and reliability of our delivery systems
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any discipline) or foreign equivalent, OR a related field OR equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Industrial Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, or related
• Consistent delivery of business level improvement by solving complex problems using statistical tools
• Experience with complex MHE and process design based on Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Manufacturing System
• Experience using MS Excel, and MS Project, and Statistical software (Minitab)
• Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or foreign equivalent, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
• Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
• Experience with process design based on Lean Six Sigma Principles. • Capital project management skills.
• Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and Minitab
• Proficiency with concepts like optimization, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.