About Network Rail
Network Rail High Speed (NR HS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd (NRIL), responsible for the operation and maintenance of the UKs first European High Speed Railway, High Speed 1 (HS1). The HS1 Infrastructure consists of a diverse range of railway assets from the track, signalling, overhead line, lineside buildings and depots through to viaducts, long tunnels and international stations at St Pancras, Ebbsfleet and Stratford along its 109km length. Unlike its parent, NR HS are privately financed under an agreement with their client HS1 Ltd and undertake a diverse range of activities from railway infrastructure maintenance and operations through to station facilities management and retail. NR (HS) value their people, fulfilling their contractual commitments through a highly performing professional team of appointed specialists, engineers and managers who consistently deliver safe and reliable infrastructure for train operators and their passengers. Together we work every day to achieve.
Our Vision - to deliver the best High Speed rail customer experience.
To manage the effective development, delivery and co- ordination of the routes stations transformation programme of change projects to agreed scope, time, cost and quality requirements. Working with the Head of stations, customers and stakeholders to deliver the stations transformation vision.
About the role (External)
1. Agree remit and success criteria of projects within the routes stations transformation programme with the relevant directors and sponsors.
2. Manage the development and delivery of projects within the routes stations transformation programme in compliance with company processes and procedures.
3. Manage the production of project management plans for projects within the routes stations transformation programme.
4. Establish and manage collaborative cross-functional virtual teams to deliver change projects, where appropriate.
5. Deliver regular progress reports on projects within the routes stations transformation programme, including relevant risks and issues, to the relevant directors and sponsors.
6. Manage project budgets within agreed targets.
7. Develop and implement the stations organisation blueprint in collaboration with the TOCs and relevant stakeholders.
8. Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
9. Disseminate lessons learnt
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
Relevant experience in the successful management of major and complex change projects
Successful experience of applying project methodologies
Ability to demonstrate commercial and financial awareness
Knowledge of the principles of investment processes and procedures
Member of project association
Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry
How to apply (External)
Salary: 42,971 - 48,342
Closing date: 2 December 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click apply now to apply.
This is a 12-month fixed term opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information