Nexus Resource Solutions are working in partnership with a market leading marine engineering services providor. Due to continued success and investement they require an experienced Project Manager to join their team in Glasgow.
You will be carrying out the execution, management, and successful completion of technical and operational projects on behalf of the company.
This is a key role within the company as delivering projects on time, to quality standards, safely and to budget or better is essential.
Role and Responsibilities
* Project Managing major projects or multiple smaller projects.
* A full commercial understanding of the project scope(s) including the T&Cs under which the project is being run.
* Management of and liaising with clients, allocated resources, sub-contractors, suppliers and third parties.
* Set-up and maintenance of project(s) in company project management and accountancy software.
* Identify engineering issues and mitigate any risks as early as possible, ensure solutions are implemented.
* Maintain or better project schedule by monitoring progress, coordinating activities and problem solving.
* Produce reports.
* Management of change.
* Ensuring invoices are issued on time and protecting company cash flow.
* Reporting to senior management on status of your project(s)
* Ensure project compliance with Company Health, Safety and the Environmental Procedures.
* Ensure project compliance with Company Quality Assurance Procedures.
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities
* Strong initiative.
* Good organisational skills.
* The ability to understand and explain design ideas and drawings clearly.
* Confident decision-making ability.
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent communication skills.
* The ability to work within budgets and to deadlines.
* A good knowledge of relevant legal regulations.
* Team leader
* Ability to identify problems and opportunities ahead of time and initiate the appropriate action.
* Quick learner.
* Good IT skills.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* HND/Degree in a Marine or Engineering subjects.
* Formal Project Management training.
* Previous experience as a Project Manager in a fabrication-based engineering/manufacturing environment.
* Site experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Experience of large steel fabrications and project management from conception to completion, through design, detail, execution, and delivery