A digitally focused accounting practice currently requires a part qualified accountant to join them on a temp to perm basis in their office based in Epsom. The role is incredibly varied, and the successful applicant will be supporting a Client Financial Controller to support a portfolio of clients. The role involves working closely with our clients and the rest of the team to deliver an exceptional expert and dedicated service.
You will be responsible for;
- Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
- Answering client queries on bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and confirmation statements
- Supporting trainees with bookkeeping queries
- Supporting the running of payrolls through Xero
- Preparing draft Statutory Accounts and Corporation Tax returns
- Preparing draft Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Reviewing and continuously improving the processes and controls we adopt within the team given the fast-paced technological environment that we work in.
- Working closely with the bookkeeping, payroll, administrative staff and Partners to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
For your application to qualify you must have the following;
- Previous practice experience
- Working towards your ACA or ACCA
- Strong customer service
- Experience using the system Xero
- Familiar with preparing statutory accounts and tax returns
- Enthusiasm to embrace the changes in the accounting profession and help us to continue to offer efficient, market-leading services. This will include taking the initiative to develop and implement new processes to take advantage of evolving technology solutions
- Ability to build a welcoming and friendly rapport with clients and deliver great customer service
- Familiarity with Xero, Xero Payroll, Taxcalc, and Karbon would be ideal but not essential as full training will be given
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, current accounting standards, and relevant tax framework is necessary