Luton is one of 67 local authority areas that have been selected to undertake mass testing in response to the corona virus pandemic. Five testing centres will operate across the borough, opening from 8am until 8pm, 7 days per week, to undertake 'lateral flow testing', sometimes known as 'rapid testing' for the residents of Luton.
Connect2Luton are working exclusively with Luton Borough Council to recruit 4 Covid19 Result Recorders to work at each testing stations.
Each centre will have 6 testing booths. The Results Recorder will work in shifts to cover the full opening hours, including 'set up' and 'clear-down time' at the start and end of each day. Results Recorders may be required to move between roles and/or testing centres. Roles and Responsibilities
The post holder is responsible for digitally uploading the Lateral Flow Testing (LFD) covid test results into a managed device for automatic communication of test results to relevant agencies, dashboards and test subject.
Skills / Experience Required
- Following training, quality assure the processing operative's marked result on the device prior to digital upload onto system.
- Responsible for entering test results onto a managed device, either by scanning of QR codes, or manually uploading in line with standard operating procedure, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Undertake administrative tasks associated with test processing and recording complying with latest COVID-secure and data protection regulations
- Maintain a clean, tidy, safe and accessible recording environment at all times, ensuring safety of self and others.
- Undertake other similar duties as required by the post
- Experience of working with members of the public.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with members of the public and to exhibit a high standard of customer care at all times.
- Able to follow instruction, process details and work methodically in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is critical.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a team.
- Able to produce and maintain records.
- Good understanding of mobile phone devices and other digital equipment and systems used by the centre staff.
- Able to converse with ease with members of the public and provide effective help or advice in accurate and fluent spoken English
- Some knowledge and understanding of Lateral Flow Testing
- Some experience working with digital technology
Online training will be expected to be successfully completed prior to commencement of contract.About Us
Luton Borough Council have partnered with Kent County Council to create Connect2Luton, a recruitment managed service for all contingent temporary agency, contract and interim roles at the Council.
Our heritage and being local government owned means we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the public sector, with many of our employees having previously worked for the Council or have supplied previously into the Council, for several years.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and business that positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Connect2Luton, part of Luton Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.