Cover Supervisor based Wirral Immediate start
What is a Cover Supervisor? The job title of 'Cover Supervisor' has come about as a result of the governments 'Remodelling of the School Workforce' agenda.
Hays Education are looking to recruit a pool of cover supervisor for the Wirral region. Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is a large amount of autonomy. Thus it is easy to see how the role of cover supervisor and teaching assistant can become interchangeable.
The working day for a cover supervisor is usually during the schools hours and often, term time only. On a daily basis, cover supervision is more than likely to include:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate using the schools agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
However, schools may wish to employ staff for cover supervision but on occasions where they are not needed for cover, they might also be released to provide additional support teachers in classrooms or to carry out administrative tasks for example.
Register with Hays today and benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Prompt weekly payments
- Support and guidance from our experienced education consultants
- Support during challenging times
Please note due to stringent DfE guidelines, candidates who cannot demonstrate experience of working with children to cover the last two years will not be considered for this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.