Full time permanent role
Based at Explore Industrial Park (EIP), Worksop and visiting projects UK-wide
Laing O'Rourke's manufacturing and modular solutions are transforming traditional construction methodologies into a modern process of component-based assembly, providing product sets including precast concrete building components, and modular bridges for the major highways and rail projects.
EIP is the most automated concrete products facility in Europe making our construction process faster safer and more efficient, improving quality and reducing waste, and contributing to a sustainable manufacturing-led future for construction.
The Project Coordinator role will provide the development opportunity to experience first-hand the Precast manufacturing process, and is responsible for coordinating between design, manufacture and assembly on some of the UK's most exciting major infrastructure and construction projects.
* Oversee the supply of products to the project to the agreed specification, with assured delivery in sequence and time, working closely with all parties to meet a transparent product cost.
* Provide a single point of contact for programming, delivery and quality issues liaising with EIP technical and production teams as required, assuring progress and close out of required activities/actions.
* Ensure that the client requirements on projects including scope, programme, specification and design information are understood by the EIP team to inform the delivery plan.
* Ensure moulds and patterns are coordinated and procured in a timely manner to meet the project manufacturing requirements.
* Accountable for the commercial monitoring of each project managing costs, risk and potential liabilities or opportunities. Provide a monthly commercial report and present the numbers within a contract review.
* Monitor progress of all elements of design, delivery and supply chain providing Attend site progress, coordination meetings and workshops as required, investigating any customer complaints/NCRs in accordance with process and to the satisfaction of the client.
What do we look for?
* An industry recognised technical or engineering qualification (e.g. HNC, HND, NVQ level 4) as well as previous experience working in a precast concrete manufacturing environment or pre-cast concrete technology ideal although not essential.
Why choose us?
* We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
* We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities for all employees.
* We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
* We offer leading company benefits that only a global business can as well as a competitive remuneration package.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please contact us