Automated Gate & Barrier Engineer
Based all around the UK so must be prepared to travel work/work away
Salary negotiable - dependent on experience
Competitive hourly rate, working away allowance van, fuel card and all accommodation
My client is a Security Integration Specialists working on large infrastructure facilities including National Grid and Cadent sites.
Not limited to working extensively within the Utilities Sector to provide Installation, Service and Maintenance of Perimeter Security Systems to include:
* Automated / Automatic / Manual Swing and Sliding Gates / Barriers / Bollards / Turnstiles etc.
* Industrial Roller Shutter and Sectional Doors / Automatic Pedestrian Doors
* Access Control Systems / CCTV Systems / Electrical Installations
* Intercom Systems (Video and Audio) / Induction Loop Systems (Traffic)
* To support to other areas of the business where required - Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS)
* Managing day to day site works / activities.
* Ensuring excellent standards of Health and Safety, Quality and Efficiency at all times.
* Reporting Health & safety defects / incidents / accidents and near miss situations to the Automated Systems Director / Health & Safety Director.
* Ensuring that all Risk Assessments and Method Statements are adhered to.
Key Skills Required
* Willing to participate in an out of hours call out rota (approx. 1 in 8)
* Able to interpret and understand Electrical Wiring Diagrams, Technical Drawings & Documentation.
* Use of Digital Volt Meter and Insulation Tester.
* Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic Fault Finding.
* Demonstration to Clients and End Users of completed systems or individual work(s).
* Arranging PAT and Calibration of company issued equipment.
Experience and Qualifications Required
A proven background in a Perimeter Security / Access Control Installation, Service or Maintenance role is essential. Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience of working within the Utilities Sector and/or in a similar Engineering role and/or with Electrical Competencies / Training.
* JIB / CSCS Card / Training is essential
* Excellent Mechanical Engineering Skills
* 18th Edition Electrical Training / City and Guilds Inspection and Test (2391/2)
* DHF Automated Gate Safety Diploma
* Utilities Operational Competencies (BESC / Person / SHEA Gas etc.)
* Control Cabinet / Kiosk - Build and Wire
* Gate Safe - IOSH approved specialist awareness training
* City & Guilds 2377-22 - Portable Appliance Testing
* AM2 Electrical Training
* Working Experience of Analogue, IP CCTV, Intercom Systems, Intruder Alarm Systems, Access Control
* Safe Controller of Operations 91 - Gas Compressor / AGI
* City and Guilds Introduction to Welding and Fabrication (2367)
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news