***This is a permanent position***
A global business leading the design and manufacture of a specialist product range are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer/ Authority to join their manufacturing facility in the Cambridgeshire area.
The company has a strong pipeline of new and future high quality products to supply a demanding & expanding marketplace. Their employees all share the same philosophy of working hard, having fun and being part of one cohesive team.
You'll be a recognised authority, providing overall technical ownership and direction for development projects to ensure high quality, repeatable designs that meet the agreed requirements. You'll also be responsible for taking a leading role on engineering projects from cradle to grave. Some of the other tasks are listed below;
- Provide technical design solutions to specifications and requirements
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the technical design is delivered in-line with the aesthetic and user requirements
- Detail design with integration of the appropriate manufacturing processes
- High standard of engineering work, design control, robust design, tolerance stack analysis, design for manufacture, input into DFMEA's
- Assisting in transfer of product from development to manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Self-starter with ability to demonstrate a mechanical technical leadership within a multidisciplinary product development environment
- Broad experience of mechanical engineering product development for electronic devices with complex mechanical packaging
- Full product lifecycle & design for manufacture
- Mechanical design experience of hand-held devices, consumer electronics, medical devices would be hugely advantageous.
If you're interested and feel like a suitable fit for this position then please apply with a copy of your latest CV.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales