Nursery Room Leader / 3rd in charge, Brixton - £19500- £20000
My client a leading group of nurseries offer state-of-the-art facilities, combining bright and spacious nursery rooms indoors with brilliant outdoor spaces are looking for a Nursery Room Leader / 3rd in charge.Main Responsibilities for the Nursery Room Leader / 3rd in charge:
- Provide a positive practice role model to ensure that the nurseries values are maintained.
- To assist the Nursery Manager and Deputy Manager in providing professional leadership and management of the nursery.
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is afforded to all staff, parents and children.
- Create an environment that supports the childcare needs of individuals.
- Maintain systems to monitor evaluate and improve the quality of childcare practice and provision.
- Maintain effective methods of communication with children, staff, parents and carers. Attend meetings as and when required.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensure that standards within the nursery meet the requirements of Company policies, procedures and operating practice.
- Notify the Nursery Manager or Deputy Manager of any concerns or issues regarding policies, procedures or operational practice.
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained.
- Maintain open and positive working relationships with staff.
Benefits on offer include:
- Generous Childcare discount
- Fantastic Transport Links
- Free uniform is provided
- Excellent working conditions
- Opportunities across all nurseries for progression
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications including NVQ's
- Access to the best equipment/resources
- Day to day support from a strong management team
The ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum Level 3 in Childcare and Education
- Previous Experience in a Leadership Role
- Strong leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use initiative
- A passion for the Early Years