Our client is a leader in their field having many public and private sector clients. They are now looking for an experienced Lead Internal Verifier to help take the business to the next level in it pursuit of high standards and quality assurance. You will have a robust knowledge of frameworks and standards across Childcare and Management Apprenticeship standards qualifications. You will set the standard and lead qualified assessors in a rigorous approach through the internal verification process.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Devise and manage a RAG rated sampling process that supports and challenges assessors to demonstrate teaching and assessing to the highest standards.
* Update and monitor business strategy to ensure it is current and constantly improving.
* Support assessors via one-to-one coaching and standardisation as well as regular group sessions
* Develop curriculum and learning resources to provide the best possible journey to learners.
* Triangulate evidence to ensure that the learner and employer are involved in the learning journey.
* Complete benchmark IV samples to ensure key milestones are hit within each portfolio at key stages such as front-loaded functional skills and APL evidence and so on.
* Reporting directly to the Quality and Compliance manager you will provide guidance and resources for themes of development in full staff meetings and training/standardisation sessions. Your evidence will also inform staff appraisals and performance management as required.
* Liaise with and be accountable to external verifiers and awarding and funding bodies and will attend and present work for inspections and audits to a high standard across the board.
* Identify and provide report areas for improvement within annual Self-Assessment
* Report and monitor and manage improvements each month within annual Quality Improvement plan.
* Provide accurate and informative reports to the senior management team in preparation for audits and Self-Assessment reports.
* Line manage and support a team of internal verifiers ensuring their professional development, adherence to policy and procedure and consistency of practice across the organisation.
Skills and Experience
* Level 3 Early Years Diploma or equivalent
* Level 5 Management Qualification
* Assessor Award
* IQA Award
* Maths, English and ICT, GCSE or equivalent
* Experience in the childcare sector as a senior practitioner / manager
3 years experience as an assessor/ trainer
2 years experience as an internal verifier
* Experience of leading standardisation meetings and supporting staff development as an IQA.
* Experience of working with External Verifiers and Regulatory Bodies such as OFSTED
* Experience of managing and leading a team
If you feel you have skills and experience required, please upload you CV in the first instance