About The Role
To lead the Design Delivery team for a particular section of the Main Works by managing the Design in accordance with EKFB Programme and the Client's requirements.
Overall technical accountability to the Design Delivery Director for the technical delivery of the design and build in one of the 5 sections along the EKFB Main Works route.
Day to day management and coordination of the Design, including completion of verification (checking), technical review, and interdisciplinary checking and review.
Manage and co-ordinate reviews or checks of the design required by third parties such as Cat 3 design checkers.
Ensuring coordination of all design and assurance deliverables with interfacing organizations
Reviewing technical and assurance deliverables prior to acceptance by the Delivery Design Director.
Maintain close liaison and collaboration with HS2 technical team as required.
Overseeing technical registers such as assumptions and departures.
Reviewing and monitoring the maintenance of the technical elements of the MIDP.
Establishing a regular meeting and reporting cycles for managing, coordinating and assuring the Design.
In the construction stage, manage and coordinate Design related queries and changes
Confirming with the Designer a procedure for the provision of Red Line/As-Built information required to produce the As built
Attendance and support to the Client, Designer and EKFB meetings.
About The Candidate
Skills / Knowledge:
• Experience in major civil engineering works
• A good communicator and able to build positive working relationships, internally and with the supply chain.
• Ability to coordinate and manage own workload supporting project delivery.
• Resilient, positive & confident character
• IT skills - MS Office suite
• Possession of good organizational and communication skills
• Preferably understanding of HS2 Act (or similar) requirements and the constraints this applies
Experience/Qualifications/Training (if any):
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
• Minimum 10 years experience working in large infrastructure projects
• Previous experience in progressive assurance and self-certification type of civil projects
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent communications skills & interpersonal skills.
• Ability to cope well under pressure & work within tight timeframes
• Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Proficient in MS Office.
About The Company
EKFB is a joint venture that brings together international, market leading expertise from four leading civil engineering and construction companies: Eiffage, Kier, Ferrovial Agroman and BAM Nuttall. All four partners have specialist expertise in the design, construction, operation, financing and maintenance of railway networks, including the construction of one of Europe's latest high speed rail projects.
EKFB is proud to have been appointed by HS2 to deliver civil engineering works across an 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood. Our scope of the works includes 15 viaducts, 5km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 67 overbridges and around 30 million cubic metres of excavation. EKFB is committed to improving lives, communities and the engineering and construction industry by providing sustained employment opportunities and being a good neighbour, protecting the environment and the places we work.
If you would like to be part of our collaborative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking culture, then please apply today.
In return, we're offering a competitive salary & benefits.
EKFB brings together international, market leading technical expertise. We have an industry leading track record of delivering major infrastructure projects, including Crossrail, the Millau Viaduct, Mersey gateway and the Bretagne-Pays de la Loire High Speed Rail link.
We are committed to, and strongly believe in, inclusiveness and equality of opportunity. Everyone who works with EKFB has a contribution to make; this is why we welcome applications from different backgrounds, experiences and abilities. Our aim is to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels they are able to be themselves. Please contact us if there is any additional support you might require making an application.
Please note your CV may be shared with joint venture partners on this project