We are recruiting for a prestigious Educational establishment based in Egham and they are seeking a Payments Assistant to join their Payments team to be the first point of contact for all account payable queries, ensuring prompt, accurate and timely payment of suppliers and other payments. The successful candidate will also carry out a variety of Accounts Payable duties to ensure the smooth running of the Accounts Payable function.
Salary between £20,000 -£24,000 per annum.
A varied position which includes the processing of supplier invoices & staff expenses, payments to suppliers & staff and reconciliation of supplier statements.
Skills and experience
* Ability to use computer-based accounting systems.
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy and able to analyse data.
* Previous experience with an Account Payable role.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Good organisational and time management skills.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, with high workload and to a high level of accuracy to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work productively in a team environment to achieve desired outcomes.
* Takes ownership of the successful resolution of supplier/staff queries.
* Ability to manage day to day workload with minimum supervision and to use own initiative.
* Significant experience gained in a system and financial operations processes