J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Job description:Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) Construction - Milton Keynes
Murphy Group is looking for an experienced Contractors Responsible Engineer with a background in earthworks to support a high-profile build-only rail project in Milton Keynes. You will oversee and manage engineering during construction, ensuring the works are built right first time.Why Murphy Group?
With a proud history dating back to the 1960s, Murphy Transport is a multi-disciplinary specialist, working across rail, highways, aviation and ports to deliver sustainable solutions. From renewals to electrification, bridge building, highways and aviation, our award-winning team has extensive experience which offers our clients the best expertise in the industry.The Role
- Review and approval of detailed construction methodologies produced by the project teams e.g. WPP / TBS / RA's
- Approval of inspection and test plans produced by the project teams
- Assist team members PM / SM / QS as required with engineering input
- Liaise with Site Managers and Engineers
- Liaise with client's engineering representatives.
- Act as the temporary works coordinator, when required
- Produce design briefs for temporary works and maintain the temporary works registers
- Review and appoint Temporary Works Supervisors
- Ensure robust process is in place for checking of engineering activities
- Collate information and data for handover, as required by the contract
- Reviews the permanent works designs and manage design change, technical queries and request for information
- Manage the approval and testing of the materials, product, plant and systems such that they comply with the contract requirements
- 5 years' experience
- Previous CRE Construction approved
- Sound geotechnical knowledge, particularly in with the practicalities of construction methods
- Temporary Works Coordinator qualification & experience, with detailed knowledge of BS5975:2019
- Experience managing engineering during construction
- Civil Engineer with membership of professional institute (ICE/IStructE)